October 24, 2008

Six Random Things Meme

Livia Indica from Magic In These Hills has tagged me to share six random things about myself.

The rules are:

1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Okay, lets see if I can entertain you...

  1. My feet are so small that I could not find women's heels that fit to wear for my high school prom and had to wear children's size dress flats. I still have a terrible time finding shoes that fit, which is why I prefer to wear Birkenstocks-- even though I wear an odd size, they always fit right.
  2. I pretty much refuse to wear anything black. When I was younger I liked wearing black and white together and I still wear white now, but not black. It's just too... black.
  3. Back in the '80's, I offended actor Richard Gere by loudly exclaiming “Oh my god, he’s SO SHORT” in his presence when I first saw him (he gave me a dirty look). He was making a film called "Miles From Home" in and around my home town at the time. Never heard of it? Most people haven't.
  4. I have dated 3 Davids: one died, the second one mysteriously disappeared (I had nothing to do with either of those occurrences, btw-- just sayin') and the third one I married. (I also dated 2 Joes and 2 Mikes.)
  5. I said "No' the first three times my husband asked me to marry him. I'm glad he asked one more time!
  6. I have a degree in psychology and my all time favorite job was doing research for the Institute for Social & Behavioral Research. I'd love to do more behavioral research, it's fascinating.

In no particular order, I tag:

Nydia at Bringing Up Salamanders (let Lucas help you with this one!)
Sacred Suzie at Suzie's Sacred Space (maybe she can do it when she's back from vacation)
MrsB at Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom (go wish her Get Well Soon)
Peppylady at Peppylady's Almost Prefect World (check out her Skywatch posts-- lovely photos)
Willow at Ramblings of a Witch (and stop by her lovely shop Goldentree Wands, too)

7 comments:

Nydia said...

Thank yo ufor te tag, turtle! I'll make it today, I have to think in something interesting - or better saying, not boring, aboutmyself!

Oh gods, you must have tiny feet, fairy size! And I laugh out loud with the Richard Gere stuff! LOL Is he that short?
Hmm... So all Davids must be careful in your presence, uh?

Kisses!

Nydia said...

Oooh!!! And congrats for that absolutely GORGEOUS poster from the giveaway!! I got so happy when I saw your name, that's awesome!!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Aw, great fun!

Good gosh, you must have tiny feet! My daughter is 9 and wears a women's size 7 1/2. All the cute shoes her friend's wear, she can't. Not to mention how much it costs to put her in boots for the winter! She is already about 5'2", so at lest she is proportionate, lol!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Check back in on my daily update, I left something there for you!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Mine will be posted on Saturday the 25th.

Coffee is on.

Nydia said...

Just posted mine!

Kisses and have a great weekend!

Turtleheart said...

NYDIA~ Well, I think that all movie stars seem "bigger than life" and then to see them in person you realize they are just human. But he is pretty short.

MRSB~ Yeah, my feet are unfortunately that hard to find size between the largest children's size and the smallest women's size. Plus they are broadening as I get older.