December 1, 2008

Tarot for 2008~ 12th Moon

The 12th cycle of the moon for this year began on November 27th. This is the moon cycle I've been apprehensive about, here's why:



Keywords/phrases from TP&S: chaos, shake things up, disruption, awakening, shock, havoc, major transformation, crisis, release from bondage, unavoidable change

Sound like fun? Yeah.

However, Tarot: Your Everyday Guide gives this insightful and helpful interpretation:

With this card, there is always the recognition that as traumatic as changes may be, they bring about the necessary end to something that is unsatisfactory, whether in one's personal life, or in one's greater social environment... If the Tower is about drastic, even catastrophic, changes, then the card read as advice to emulate suggests initiating such changes oneself.

Also: Consider where drastic changes need to be made in your life. The Tower has a lot to do with the toppling of structures, so a restructuring , or even total dismantling of certain systems may be in order. You must be flexible, imaginative, and prepared to let go of cherished beliefs and ways of doing things.

I've been hoping this card would only represent the chaos of balancing work with the holiday travel back to IA and all that entails, however, I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more to it than just that.

One possibility: I have had a tooth bothering me lately. I think that either an old filling is coming loose, or that there is a new cavity around it. At any rate, I need to go to the dentist, something I dread for many, many reasons. So much so, I've not gone to a dentist in aeons. As usual, I've been putting it off hoping I'm mistaken, but at this point, I'm sure I need to go. So I need to suck it up and find a dentist and go take care of myself.

Therefore, to help me motivate myself to do what I know I need to do, some empowering words from the Tarot Affirmations deck Tower card:

I am freedom from towering prisons of outworn defenses, habits and attitudes.

I am sudden disruptions in established routines that cause unexpected growth.


So be it!

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

It's all on how we handle it.

Coffee is on.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh I am so with you on this one. I got the Tower too and now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Ugh to tooth problems! I'm so sorry to hear that. If you fix it up ahead of time, perhaps it won't be so bad.

I'm resting and relaxing, I think my tower has to do with a health issue to and I'd rather it be a more gentle realization than a "shocking" one.

Oh how I miss Paranormal State! That is an amazing show.