December 21, 2008

Happy Solstice

Happy Winter Solstice and warm wishes to all who celebrate today! (And for my blogging friends in the southern hemisphere, Happy Summer Solstice!)

I *did* put up a tree this year-- our small one. It fit perfectly on the coffee table in the living room; that's why I love these "skinny" x-mas trees-- its much easier to find a spot to put one of these than it is a big, bushy tree. I surprised Firehand by having the tree up, along with a few other decorations (mustn't forget the mistletoe ball!) when he got home from work on Friday evening.

I am full of joy knowing that from here on out, the days only begin to get longer and longer! Huzzah! Welcome back, Sun!

6 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Happy Yule.

Livia Indica said...

What a cute little tree!

Happy Solstice to you and Firehand.

Anonymous said...

Blessed Solstice to you two too! (Pretty little tree!)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

What a great tree! Hope you had a wonderful Yule, and may the New Year bring you a multitude of blessings.

Kati said...

A Blessed Yule to you and Firehand! Beautiful tree!!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Beautiful Turtleheart! What an absolutely stunning tree, I just love it.

My lights are LED outdoor lights, LOL. We use them inside because they do look like the 70s style ones!

Yuletide blessings to you my friend!