January 25, 2009

Nostalgia

Oh... I love '80's music... we're listening to Casey Kasem's AT40 Countdown for 1/19/85 on XM80's on 8 and there have been some good (and some bad) totally '80's songs playing tonight.

Like right now its Julian Lennon's "Valotte." I love that song... I had that album when it came out and it was a good one. I really liked Julian Lennon.

We've also heard some awesome Hall & Oates and I went right over Amazon and added some of them to my wishlist. Method of Modern Love, Adult Education, remember those?

And of course, we heard my favorite artist-- Steve Perry! Foolish Heart. God I love that song. I'm such a mushy romantic.

Listening to XM 80's on 8 has inspired me to add quite a few CD's to my wishlist lately-- Taylor Dayne, Level 42, The Outfield, Rick Astley, WHAM!, Pat Benatar. I am not ashamed! I have always said I'm a hopeless totally 80's girl.

3 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I remember Casey Kasem's 40 count down.

I listen to him all the time in the mid seventies.
When I was a teenager.

Coffee is on.

AutumnZ said...

Ha! I thought of you today. I was at work and the lady in the cubicle next to mine listens to "Lite 96.9, Music from the 70s, 80s and today" I heard Mr. Perry his own self wonder who was crying now.

Turtleheart said...

PEPPY~ Yeah, I think it was a rite of passage for teens to listen to AT40 every week.

AZ~ *swoons& ;-)